This service transfers electricity and water from one to another premises within Dubai as per customer’s needs.
Service Category & Type
Electricity/Water Supply Customers (Consumers)
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) is committed to protecting the rights of the users of its website, and keeping data and information secure. We have created this privacy and security statement to explain the current information management practices on our websites.
Information Collection and Usage:
DEWA does not collect any personal information about you when you visit its website, unless specified, or you choose to provide this information to us. However, upon your visit, the following information is automatically collected and stored:
We may use third party tools or software for conducting statistical analysis. However, only certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who accessed our website or most visited pages, are collected. Such information does not identify you individually.
DEWA keeps all collected information confidential except where disclosure is enforced or required by law, or as part of requirement to protect the rights or properties of DEWA.
Security of Transactions:
Please be assured that this site has security measures in place to protect the information you provide us. We use encryption methods to protect all information, which is deemed to be sensitive, or any other data that should remain secure to meet DEWA’s, federal, or local legal requirements.
Links to third-party websites:
DEWA's website may provide links to other web sites. However we are not responsible for the accuracy of the contents of these sites or their mechanisms for information collection and usage.
If you doubt that your privacy is being compromised, follow these steps immdediately:
What are Cookies?
DEWA is committed to the protection of its customers’ private information and does not track individual users or their identity. DEWA only accesses the system information of the device, the website is being viewed on, to gain useful knowledge about how it is used. The collected information is used solely for statistical and monitoring purposes to help DEWA improve the user experience of the services and to identify the performance of DEWA’s services.
3rd Party Cookies:
DEWA also uses 3rd party tools or software, such as Google Analytics, to track web statistics. In this case, Google will place a 3rd party cookie on your computer. This is also the case with Google Maps across the site.
DEWA is not responsible for any technical, hardware or software failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; incomplete, garbled or delayed transmissions. It assumes no liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential or psychological damages as a result of visiting or using its Website or loss of services, income or welfare resulting from any virus that may infect computer equipment used to access its sites. Under no circumstances will DEWA be liable for any damages or injury that result from the use of the materials on this site and the user shall indemnify DEWA from and against all liabilities resulting from the user's failure to observe these terms and conditions. DEWA does not warrant that information currently accessible is up-to-date.
1. What is Move-To Service?
Move-To is a new service for customers shifting from one premises to another premises within Dubai.
2. Why is Move-To service easy and convenient for customers?
With Move-To service, customers can get move –in (Activation of Electricity & Water) service and move-out (Final Bill) service in one interaction point.
3. How can I submit Move To requests?
You can submit Move-To request mentioning the below fields;
- Ejari number for existing premises
- New premises number
- Move in date
- DEWA Contract account number for existing premises
- Move out date
4. What is Move-in and Move-out date?
- Move-in date is the date on which you want your electricity & water supplies to get reconnected in your new premises.
- Move-out date is the date on which you want your electricity & water supplies to get disconnected from your existing premises.
5. Which categories of customers can use the Move-To Service?
Move to service covers residential and commercial categories, keeping in mind that they can shift only within the same category, i.e. Move to from residential to residential premises only and commercial to commercial premises only
6. Do I need to pay DEWA Security Deposit for new premises in Move-To Service?
a) No, you are not required to pay, if Security Deposit in your existing premises is sufficient to cover required Security Deposit in your new premises. Your Security Deposit from existing premises will be transferred to your new premises.
b) You will be required to pay the difference of Security Deposit to have required amount of Security Deposit in your new premises, if shifting from Flat to Villa or the Security Deposit in your existing premises is less the required Security Deposit for the new premises
7. What are the pre-requisites for Move-To Service?
You will be required to settle the outstanding dues if any on the existing premises before applying for the Move-To service
8. Do I need to apply for refund of DEWA Security Deposit for Move-out account?
No, you are not required to apply for refund of DEWA Security Deposit, as your DEWA Security Deposit will be moved to your new premises.
9. Do I need to settle the Final Bill amount for the premises from which I moved-To?
Yes, you are required to settle the final bill amount for the premises from which you moved-To.
10. Do I need to submit Ejari for Move-To service?
Yes, Ejari contract for the moving in to new premises is mandatory.
11. Can I get Move to service at Property Management Companies / RERA approved Centers?
By obtaining Ejari contract from real estate management companies and typing centres authorized by Dubai Land Department, without visiting DEWA Centres, your Move-to request will be automatically created in the DEWA system.
12. Do I need to submit DEWA payment receipt to Property Management Company / RERA approved Typing Centre for issuance of Ejari?
No, you are not required to submit DEWA payment receipt to Property Management Company / RERA approved Typing Centre for issuance of Ejari. You will only need to provide the DEWA 9 digit premises number (displayed on the door of each premises)
EJARI ‘attestation’ fees:
13. How much is the fee for getting the Ejari?
- Ejari issuance - AED 170 to be paid to RERA through any of the authorized property management companies / RERA approved centres
- Service Charge - AED 40 to be paid for Ejari issuance to authorized property management companies /AED 45 to RERA approved centres
14. What should I do, if the charges demanded by authorized property management companies / RERA approved centres is more than the above?
In instances when customers notice extra charge(s) from any property management company / Property Trustee (Earlier name: RERA approved Typing Centre), kindly notify Dubai Land Department +971 800 4488 – for corrective measures to be accordingly taken.