1. Any equipment listed before the launch of this new web portal (i.e included in the last PDF list dated 30/06/2023) need to be re-registered through the new DRRG Equipment Portal by no later than 01/10/2023, whereafter the old PDF List of Eligible Equipment will be permanently removed from the website and any of its listed equipment will be considered ineligible unless re-listed in the new auto-generated electronic List of Eligible Equipment.
2. Applications submitted through email to email@example.com will no longer be considered; instead, the submission of Equipment Registration applications shall be done through only the new DRRG Equipment Portal. However, please don't hesitate to reach out to us through this email address for any inquiries or support and we will be happy to assist you.
3. The equipment registration applications that get submitted during the transition period (after 30/06/2023, when the last version of the Old PDF list of Eligible Equipment had been processed for publication, and until the launch of the new web portal) shall be submitted again through the new DRRG Equipment portal.
4. The equipment that meets the minimum eligibility criteria will be publicly listed in the List of Eligible Equipment that will be updated automatically upon applications processing by the concerned team.
5. The mandatory compliance certificates shall be issued from 3rd party ILAC-accredited labs according to the standard ISO/IEC 17025.
In line with Dubai’s vision to become a global hub for green economy, DEWA has launched the Distributed Renewable Resources Generation programme to encourage customers to adopt solar energy as a mean of producing their own electricity. Surplus production will be fed into DEWA’s power network while the owner will be credited for off-setting future use.
DEWA has committed to maintain high technical standards for these installations. Therefore, the solar PV equipment to be installed will undergo a rigorous process of verification to ensure compliance with the eligibility criteria set by DEWA based on international standards on quality and safety, as described in the following document:
In this document, please refer to:
Appendix C: List of Standards for Equipment:
C.2 PV modules.
Appendix D: Compliance Tests:
D.1 Interface Protection Systems for Low Voltage Connected RRGPs.
D.2 Interface Protection Systems for Medium Voltage Connected RRGPs.
D.3 Inverters for Low Voltage Connected RRGPs.
D.4 Inverters for Medium Voltage Connected RRGPs.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria (Please refer to the standards document in the "PV Equipment Eligibility Overview" section for details):
PV Modules: The minimum eligibility of the PV module depends on the compliance to the following standards:
PV Inverters: The minimum eligibility of the PV Inverter depends on the compliance to the following standards:
Please note that additional to the above Compliance Certificates, the harmonic spectrum data for each PV Inverter is required to be provided for a successful application submission.
Interface Protections: The minimum eligibility of the Interface Protection depends on the compliance to the following standards:
Compliance to IEC 61010-1 is optional.
Manufacturers of PV Modules, PV Inverters and Interface Protection (or their Local Authorized Representatives) can register their solar PV equipment to be added to DEWA Shams Dubai List of Eligible Equipment through this DRRG Equipment Portal.
Please note that the information presented on the DEWA website provides an overview of the manufacturers and equipment that meet the required standards based on type-test certification. However, this does not constitute an endorsement or warranty of any kind, whether expressed, implied or statutory, including but not limited to warranties of title, merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for particular purpose, warranty for performance, professional advice, professional financial guidance, and shall not be relied upon as the only source of information for purchasing, contracting, investment decisions or for executing other binding agreements.