DEWA launched Digital DEWA as its digital arm, making DEWA the world’s first digital utility to use autonomous systems for renewable energy, storage, expansion in AI adoption, and providing digital services.
Digital DEWA Pillars
• The First Pillar - Solar Energy: This pillar includes launching advanced solar power technologies in Dubai. One of DEWA’s key projects in this regard is the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park, The Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park supports the Dubai Clean Energy Strategy 2050 and the Dubai Net Zero Emissions Strategy 2050 to provide 100% of its energy production capacity from clean energy sources by 2050
• The Second Pillar - Energy Storage: Digital DEWA seeks to operate a renewable energy network using innovative energy storage technologies. The pillar includes several sub-initiatives.
1. The largest concentrated solar power plant in the region with 24-hour thermal storage
2. A hydroelectric power plant in Hatta: the first of its kind in the region to generate electricity by using stored hydroelectric power
3. Testing energy storage technologies such as different batteries and energy from hydrogen.
• The Third Pillar - Artificial Intelligence (AI): Dubai will be the first city to provide electricity and water services based on AI. This pillar will operate under the name Rammas, expanding AI to include all operations and raise the level of customer happiness, efficiency, and productivity. Through this pillar, DEWA will deploy machine learning to augment customer experience, support employee services and productivity enhancement, and optimise core grid operations. The Rammas AI project will be realised through three sub-initiatives: AI for customers, AI for employees, and AI-powered systems.
• The Fourth Pillar - Digital Services: Digital DEWA will expand its digital services through MORO, a digital platform that launched in 2018 to provide hosting and data storage services as well as digital services management in the cloud. This pillar goes beyond cloud computing to provide global, standardised services and multiple solutions from a single location, according to the highest quality standards, to enhance the customer experience.
For more information, please visit Digital DEWA website.