Our natural resources are invaluable, so we must come together to preserve them for generations to come. You can follow these lighting tips to rationalise your electricity consumption.
- Turn off lights in unoccupied areas to save energy.
- Use efficient lights (LED) for indoor & outdoor lighting because of their longer lifespan and higher-efficiency compared to equivalent conventional lights.
- Clean your light bulbs regularly, as dirt limits diffusion of light and decreases illumination.
- Turn off unnecessary lights and use natural lighting as much as you can in places which are not exposed directly to sunlight during summer.
- Use timers or motion-detectors to control the light's operation, wherever applicable.
- Install dimmers to control the brightness of lights and reduce energy consumption.