This service activates electricity and water for new premises.
Service Category & Type
Electricity/ Water Supply customers (Consumers)
Service Package: Move In to New Premise Service
The key requirement is a security deposit
This service activates electricity and water for new premise.
* “Thukher” Card for Senior Citizens aged 60 and above (issued by Community Development Authority) includes privileges and access to services and facilities in Dubai
* “Sanad” Card for People of Determination (issued by Community Development Authority) includes privileges and access to a package of services and facilities in Dubai
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) is committed to protecting the rights of the users of its website, and keeping data and information secure. We have created this privacy and security statement to explain the current information management practices on our websites.
Information Collection and Usage:
DEWA does not collect any personal information about you when you visit its website, unless specified, or you choose to provide this information to us. However, upon your visit, the following information is automatically collected and stored:
We may use third party tools or software for conducting statistical analysis. However, only certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who accessed our website or most visited pages, are collected. Such information does not identify you individually.
DEWA keeps all collected information confidential except where disclosure is enforced or required by law, or as part of requirement to protect the rights or properties of DEWA.
Security of Transactions:
Please be assured that this site has security measures in place to protect the information you provide us. We use encryption methods to protect all information, which is deemed to be sensitive, or any other data that should remain secure to meet DEWA’s, federal, or local legal requirements.
Links to third-party websites:
DEWA's website may provide links to other web sites. However we are not responsible for the accuracy of the contents of these sites or their mechanisms for information collection and usage.
If you doubt that your privacy is being compromised, follow these steps immdediately:
What are Cookies?
DEWA is committed to the protection of its customers’ private information and does not track individual users or their identity. DEWA only accesses the system information of the device, the website is being viewed on, to gain useful knowledge about how it is used. The collected information is used solely for statistical and monitoring purposes to help DEWA improve the user experience of the services and to identify the performance of DEWA’s services.
3rd Party Cookies:
DEWA also uses 3rd party tools or software, such as Google Analytics, to track web statistics. In this case, Google will place a 3rd party cookie on your computer. This is also the case with Google Maps across the site.
DEWA is not responsible for any technical, hardware or software failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; incomplete, garbled or delayed transmissions. It assumes no liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential or psychological damages as a result of visiting or using its Website or loss of services, income or welfare resulting from any virus that may infect computer equipment used to access its sites. Under no circumstances will DEWA be liable for any damages or injury that result from the use of the materials on this site and the user shall indemnify DEWA from and against all liabilities resulting from the user's failure to observe these terms and conditions. DEWA does not warrant that information currently accessible is up-to-date.
1. What is One Step Move-in?
Upon issuance of your Ejari from any of the 800+ Real Estate management companies and Dubai Land Department authorized offices, your data automatically get transferred to the DEWA system and DEWA creates your account (DEWA Move in).
2. Do I need to request separately for DEWA Move in at Real Estate management companies and Dubai Land Department authorized offices?
Real Estate management companies and Dubai Land Department authorized offices
No, you are not required to request separately for DEWA Move in at Real Estate management companies and Dubai Land Department authorized offices.
3. Do I need to submit any documents for DEWA Move in at Real Estate management companies and Dubai Land Department authorized offices ?
No, you are not required to submit any documents for DEWA Move in at Real Estate management companies and Dubai Land Department authorized offices.
4. Do I need to submit DEWA payment receipt to Real Estate management companies and Dubai Land Department authorized offices for issuance of Ejari?
No, you are not required to submit DEWA payment receipt to Real Estate management companies and Dubai Land Department authorized offices for issuance of Ejari. You only need to provide your DEWA 9 digit premises number (displayed on the door of each premises)
5. How I will know that DEWA has created my Move in?
When you get your Ejari, you will immediately receive an SMS and Welcome email from DEWA with your DEWA account details.
6. How I can pay DEWA Security Deposit?
The Welcome email that you receive from DEWA includes a link for payment of Security Deposit. By clicking on the link, you can pay DEWA Security Deposit online. Alternatively, you can pay DEWA Security Deposit through any DEWA payment channel.
7. If I do not receive Welcome email from DEWA, how can I make Move in?
If you do not receive a Welcome email from DEWA due to not entering your correct email ID by Property Management Company, you can apply online on DEWA Website / DEWA Smart App.
8. Do I need to enter Ejari number while applying online at DEWA Website / DEWA Smart App?
Yes, you will be required to enter Ejari number at the time of applying for DEWA Move in at DEWA Website / DEWA Smart App.
9. How will Ejari number help me in DEWA Move in at DEWA Website / DEWA Smart App?
If you enter a valid Ejari number, you will not be required to submit any documents.
10. Do I need to submit Ejari for DEWA Move-in Service?
Yes, all customers (Tenants only) will be required to submit Ejari for DEWA Move-in service.
11. Do I need to submit both Tenancy Contract and Ejari for DEWA Move in?
No, you are required to submit Ejari only which will replace the traditional tenancy contract, for DEWA Move in.
12. Can I get my Ejari at the time of getting my tenancy contract from any of the 800 Property Management Companies?
Yes, you will get your Ejari at the time of getting your tenancy contract from any of the 800 Property Management Companies.
EJARI ‘attestation’ fees, ‘security deposit’ fee and supply activation fee for electricity and water services
13. How much is the fee that I need to DEWA for activation of Electricity & Water?
Refundable security deposit for electricity and water connections - AED 2,000 (for apartments) / AED 4,000 (for villas), in addition to supply activation fees - AED 130 to be paid to DEWA through any payment channel.
14. Is there any discount for Thukher and Sanad cardholders on activation charges?
Thukher and Sanad cardholders are entitled to a 50% discount on Activation charges