Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (DEWA) | Washrooms and Faucets
Washrooms and Faucets
- Replace regular shower heads with water-efficient ones.
- Install aerators on your kitchen and bathroom faucets to reduce faucet water use by up to 40%, without affecting the water flow strength. These pieces are available in different sizes and shapes, to suit your needs.
- Turn off the water when brushing your teeth or shaving and save more than 5 gallons (19 litres) per day.
- Clean vegetables in a bowl partially filled with water rather than running water from the tap, taking into consideration all health issues. Reuse the water for plants at your home.
- Replace a single-flush toilet with a dual-flush toilet, which lets you select the amount of water you use per flush. This can save approximately 10,000 litres per person every year.
- Check toilets periodically for leaks and repair them promptly